- Pain in the muscles and fibrous connective tissues
- Fibromyalgia affects 3.7 million Americans
- Fibromyalgia was traditionally depicted as having 12 of 20 symptomatic trigger Points.
- Pain is the most common symptom of Fibromyalgia
- Common symptoms include muscle exhaustion (Chronic Fatigue), chronic headaches (Migraines), Abdominal pain or Bloating (IBS) , Alternating Constipation & Diarrhea, and Skin and blood circulation problems.
- Long term effects of Fibromyalgia can affect frontal lobe and impact mood, memory and cognitive function (Fibro Fog).
- Cerebellum can also be compromised affecting balance and coordinated movement.
- Until recently Fibromyalgia was regarded as an hysterical reaction to pain and like Crone’s DX and stomach ulcers was considered a “non-organic“ condition.
- Mitochondrial – Sudden burnout
- Metabolic IBS/IBD Thyroid
- Stress – Financial / Work / Relationship
- Toxicity – Hormones/ Metals/Toxins Liver
- Adrenal – DHEA/Cortisol
- Depression – NeuroTransmitter Function
Symptoms Resulting From a Disruption in the Brain’s Electrical Vitality:
* Brain Imbalance resulting in an Overactive Upper Brainstem (Mesencephalon) * Chronic pain & Chronic Fatigue * Migraine headaches & light sensitivity * Blurred vision * Increased sweating * Difficulty falling or staying asleep * Heart palpitations, increased heart rate * Irritable Bowel Syndrome * Urinary tract infections * High blood pressure * Fibro Fog or Flu-like symptoms
TransNeural Degeneration Does Not Get Better By Itself
The longer you have TND the more and faster your brain dies. The Journal of Neuroscience reports that the McGill University Centre for Research on pain has found; “The longer the individual has had fibromyalgia, the greater the gray matter loss, with each year of fibromyalgia being equivalent to 9.5 times the loss in normal aging”.
Evaluation of the Brain Based Care Patient
- Screening Exam
- Insight Technology Scan
Sensitive Computerized scans to determine Autonomic Nervous System Function, Pain Levels, and Physical Performance that may be affecting Cortical and Cerebellar input.
X-rays, MRI’s or other imaging may be important to access damage to spine and nervous system.
Much of long term physical trauma is forgotten or minimized.
- Comprehensive Health History
Allows us to identify any past and present stressors in your life – especially those resulting in Long Term Pain or Dysfunction
Physical Stress- Current and Past Trauma, LT Pain
Chemical Stress – Metals, Hormones, Pesticides
Emotional Stress – Financial, Personal, Social
- Comprehensive Functional Neuro and Physical Exam
- Functional lab tests – as needed
- Analysis of Metabolic Conditions using Advanced lab Tests – Neurotransmitter Testing for Serotonin, Dopamine and Epinephrine levels – Comprehensive Digestive Testing for Intestinal Permeability, Dysbiosis and Metabolism – Super-sensitive Thyroid Testing – Mitochondrial Function Test for Energy Conversion Problems – Toxicity Tests – Adrenal Function for Stress
A Suite of Therapies Used for Brain Activation
- Vibration Therapy on One Side of the Body
- Gentle Chiropractic Adjustments on One Side of the Body
- Oxygen Therapy
- Exercise with Oxygen Therapy
- Low Light Emission Laser
- Auricular Therapy
- Olfactory Stimulation
- Mirror Imagery
- Spin Therapy
If you would like to see if BRAIN-BASED CARE might help you or a loved one contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.