Chronic Fatigue & CFIDS
- Chronic fatigue of six months or longer duration with other known medical conditions excluded by clinical diagnosis.
- The symptoms can be sudden or gradual and must have persisted or recurred during six or more consecutive months of illness and must not have predated the fatigue.
- Similar Medical Conditions – Fibromyalgia syndrome, myalgic encephalomyelitis, neurasthenia, multiple chemical sensitivities, and chronic mononucleosis.
There are four main categories of symptoms in CFS:
- Fatigue – People with CFS experience profound, overwhelming exhaustion, which gets worse after exertion and can never be fully relieved by sleep.
- Pain - Pain in CFS includes muscle pain, joint pain, headaches, stomachaches, lymph node pain, and sore throats.
- Cognitive Problems and Neurological Problems – Cognitive Problems: People with CFS have trouble remembering words, names, and places, find it hard to concentrate, and have trouble thinking straight. Neurological Problems: include dizziness and light-headedness, especially when standing up quickly.
- Sensitivies – People with CFS tend to be sensitive to light, sound, and some chemicals and foods.
Symptoms Resulting From a Disruption in the Brain’s Electrical Vitality:
* Brain Imbalance resulting in an Overactive Upper Brainstem (Mesencephalon) * Chronic pain & Chronic Fatigue * Migraine headaches & light sensitivity * Blurred vision * Increased sweating * Difficulty falling or staying asleep * Heart palpitations, increased heart rate * Irritable Bowel Syndrome * Urinary tract infections * High blood pressure * Fibro Fog or Flu-like symptoms
Evaluation of the Brain Based Care Patient
- Screening Exam
- Insight Technology Scan
Sensitive Computerized scans to determine Autonomic Nervous System Function, Pain Levels, and Physical Performance that may be affecting Cortical and Cerebellar input.
X-rays, MRI’s or other imaging may be important to access damage to spine and nervous system.
Much of long term physical trauma is forgotten or minimized.
- Comprehensive Health History
Allows us to identify any past and present stressors in your life – especially those resulting in Long Term Pain or Dysfunctior
Physical Stress- Current and Past Trauma, LT Pain
Chemical Stress – Metals, Hormones, Pesticides
Emotional Stress – Financial, Personal, Social
- Comprehensive Functional Neuro and Physical Exam
- Functional lab tests – as needed
- Analysis of Metabolic Conditions using Advanced lab Tests – Neurotransmitter Testing for Serotonin, Dopamine and Epinephrine levels – Comprehensive Digestive Testing for Intestinal Permeability, Dysbiosis and Metabolism – Super-sensitive Thyroid Testing – Mitochondrial Function Test for Energy Conversion Problems – Toxicity Tests – Adrenal Function for Stress
A Suite of Therapies Used for Brain Activation
- Vibration Therapy on One Side of the Body
- Gentle Chiropractic Adjustments on One Side of the Body
- Oxygen Therapy
- Exercise with Oxygen Therapy
- Low Light Emission Laser
- Auricular Therapy
- Olfactory Stimulation
- Mirror Imagery
- Spin Therapy
If you would like to see if BRAIN-BASED CARE might help you or a loved one contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.